This article is very similar to Learning Ubuntu: How to Customize the Default Panels except it is using Ubuntu Remix instead.
What is Ubuntu Remix
Ubuntu Remix is an optimized version of Ubuntu specially made to run on netbooks. It is very consumer friendly and has a quick and easy interface for quick access to your favorite applications.
How to do it
Customizing the panels in Ubuntu Remix is very similar to regular Ubuntu. One thing you need to be aware of is to make sure actually right click on the panel and not an add on. Here is an example of what it shouldn’t look like.
What you do want to do is move close to the Ubuntu symbol and right click. You will get the Properties in the right click menu.
Click on properties to get the Panel Properties window. From here we can do all the regular customization just like Learning Ubuntu: How to Customize the Default Panels
- Learning Ubuntu: How to Customize Ubuntu Panels
- Learning Ubuntu: Change Ubuntu Desktop Theme
- Ubuntu Seamless Mode with Virtualbox
- How to Add the Admin Tools to Windows 7 Start Menu
- Install Ubuntu 10.04 Beta in VirtualBox