iOS 5.1.1 has been released for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, the software update comes as build 9B206 and includes a variety of bug fixes including an HDR photo issue, improved AirPlay, iPad network switching, an iTunes store fix, and improvements to Safari reading list syncing. The official changelog is listed below, and the software update is recommended to install for all iOS users.
Updating to iOS 5.1.1
To update to iOS 5.1.1 all you need to do is connect your iOS device to your computer, with iTunes installed and update there. Or you can do an update on your device by going to the Settings app, then selecting General and then Software Update. With this new update you don’t have to worry about this download sucking all your bandwidth, because this is over the air update is about 45MB, which is small.
Download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW Directly
If you want to download iOS 5.1.1 IPSW directly you can click the links below for your specific device. We still recommend iTunes doing this for you. But if you don’t want to you can always use the links below.
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 GSM (ATT)
- iPad 2 CDMA (Verizon)
- iPad 2,4 (New iPad 2)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
If you have an Apple TV you can download iOS 5.1.1 below.
iOS 5.1.1 Changelog
Courtesy of Apple:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
- Download iOS 6.1.3 Direct Download Links
- Download iOS 5.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Download iOS 4.3.1 Firmware for you iDevice [Direct Links]
- Open Zip Files on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch