One of my pet peeves, I guess that’s what I am calling it, or annoyances with Windows Vista or Windows 7 has to be the “Group By” view. This annoying view groups together files based on what you selected.
Here is what it looks like:
Yeah super annoying, so to fix this, unless you purposely enabled this, just right click on the folder you want to change and go down to Group By and select none.
After you’ve selected that you will have the nice simple view back.
To get it back just right click and go to Group By again and select how you want to group your files by.
- Display Hidden Folders in Windows 7
- Take Ownership of a Folder or File in Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Permanently Display the Explorer Menu Bar in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Turn Off AutoPlay in Windows 7
- Create Windows 7 Themes to Share or for Yourself the Easy Way