HyperTerminal, as you might have guessed, is a terminal application. With HyperTerminal you can quickly connect to other computers to pass files. Connect to Telnet sites, work on modems and other devices via the serial port. HyperTerminal is a great app for network administrators too that need to quickly connect to switches. The only bad side to HyperTerminal was its removal in Windows 7 and Windows Vista. When Microsoft released Vista and 7 they removed a lot of old legacy applications. One of them was HyperTerminal. So basically no more HyperTerminal for Windows 7 or Windows Vista. If you still need to use HyperTerminal you probably want it back. Here is how to download HyperTerminal for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
Why was HyperTerminal removed from Windows Vista and Windows 7?
I mentioned above that Microsoft removed HyperTerminal from Windows. The reason why Microsoft removed it was of the alternatives built in Windows. Detailed in Microsoft own website here is how you can replace HyperTerminal functionality:
- If you only need remote shell access, you can use WinRS (Windows Remote Shell), new in Windows Vista. To get help with WinRS, type winrs /? at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
- Telnet is a simple, text-based program that you can use to connect to another computer over the Internet.
- If you previously used HyperTerminal to troubleshoot modem problems, use Phone and Modem Options instead:
- Open Phone and Modem Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Phone and Modem Options.
This is why HyperTerminal for Windows 7 and Vista was removed since built in tools replace its functionality.
Download HyperTerminal for Windows 7 and Install it
To download HyperTerminal for Windows 7 and Windows Vista, click the link below. Then extract the files and click on the executable.
- Free HyperTerminal Alternatives for Windows 7
- Automatically Change your Wallpaper in XP and Vista
- Quickly Share Wi-Fi From Your Laptop With Virtual Access Point
- Download SkyDrive App for Windows 7
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview