This is an application for all of you musicians out there!
I am a professional by day and a musician by night. I play the guitar.
I recently stumbled upon a free iPhone application called MTSR (Multi-Track Song Recording).
For example, you can record the guitar as a track 1. Then as you are playing track 1, you can record another layer as your track 2.
So when you play back, you’ll hear both recordings as if there were 2 instruments/singers on at the same time. Now, instead of 2, it would be 4 since MTSR can lay tracks up to 4 recordings. That is really for a free iPhone application!
Some of the included features:
- The playback sound quality is 16 bit, 44.1 KHz – basically CD quality.
- With this application, you can pause, seek, and scrub through all your recordings.
- Includes two different audio viewing options; (1) Volume Meter and (2) Waveform.
- Allows volume control on each track for simple mixing.
- Allows you to save and load your audio sessions.
As a musician, I find this free iPhone application to be very convenient and rather super fun. I can record music tracks on the fly, anywhere and anytime. I know it’s not studio quality but I think it’s good enough to record your demo songs.